Part-time Housekeeper, Cotswolds
Job Title: Part-Time Housekeeper
Location: The Cotswolds, United Kingdom
Hours: 15 hours per week (With the possibility to increase)
Position Type: Part-Time
Salary: £18 – £18.50 per hour
We are seeking a reliable and detail-oriented Part-Time Housekeeper to assist a family in the Cotswolds.
The current hours worked are Monday, Wednesday and Friday, 9am to 2pm. These hours currently work well for the principals but there is some flexibility and an increase in hours/days for the right candidate.
The residence will be changing over the next year or so as the principals will be moving in to a larger estate so they are hoping the Housekeeper will be wiling to move on with them into the new residence and with this, an increase in hours and responsibilities.
We are looking for a self-motivated, positive, professional and reliable with an excellent eye for detail who can maintain the home to the highest standard and is able to offer longevity.
This is a live out position so a full drivers license is required as no public transport is available, both in the current premises and the new. Ideally candidates will live within a commutable distance from the property.
- Cleaning including dusting, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning bathrooms, kitchen and living areas
- Changing bed linen, making beds, and tidying and cleaning bedrooms
- Laundry, and ironing, including caring for fine fabrics and organising dry cleaning
- Ensuring household stocks and cleaning supplies are at sufficient levels
- Caring for antiques and artworks
- Organising cupboards
- Managing and receiving deliveries
- Liaising with tradespeople and service providers
- Watering plants
- Reporting any maintenance issues to the principal’s assistant
- Liaising with other team members
- Flexible approach to tasks and team support
- Flower arrangements
- Creating rotas and schedules
- Ad-hoc pet care
Qualifications and Skills:
- Prior housekeeping experience in a high-end private household
- Loyalty and trustworthiness; proven longevity in prior positions
- Fluency in English and eligibility to work in the UK
- High attention to detail and strong initiative
- A strong multi-tasker
- Flexibility to accommodate different shift
- Boundaried, professional and discreet
- Able to work independently with little supervision whilst still being a good team player
- Excellent checkable references
- Driving License and own car