£30,000 per annum
Monday-Friday with some weekend work, approximately 40 hours per week
ASAP start date
We are searching for an experienced and proactive Housekeeper for a lovely family based near Tetbury, Gloucestershire, with a salary on offer of £30,000.
Your main duties will be responsible for the daily upkeep and deep cleaning of the main house, as well as guest cottages, ensuring that they are tidy and presentable to the highest standards at all times.
This role requires an all-rounder who comes with high standards, as well as a friendly and trustworthy manner. This is a very private, but informal, household where hard work is recognised by the Principal and the team.
The family live in a beautiful country estate which houses their main home, as well as additional guest cottages and outbuildings. This is a social household with the family often hosting relatives and guests on site. The family have 2 young children and while there is a Nanny employed, a willingness to support with the children is required. Candidates must also be pet friendly.
- Maintain the cleanliness and upkeep of the main house, as well as the cottages and outbuildings
- General housekeeping duties as well as laundry, ironing, changing linens and inventory organisation, as well as occasional ad hoc tasks such as unpacking groceries
- Be flexible and work alongside other members of the team to ensure the smooth running of the estate
- Support the preparation and organisation of special events, dinners, and gatherings hosted within the estate
- Exercise discretion and respect for the family’s privacy while carrying out your responsibilities
The ideal candidate:
- Minimum of 3+ years experience working in a similar role within a private household
- A passionate team player with a positive attitude
- Highly organised and have a meticulous attention to detail
- Effective communication skills with colleagues as well as the family and their guests
- Live within a commutable distance to the house