ASAP start date
We are supporting our client in their search for a Butler/Senior Housekeeper in their prestigious home in Notting Hill, with a salary on offer of £55,000-£60,000, DOE.
As a Butler/Senior Housekeeper, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring the smooth operation of the property, with your primary focus being providing impeccable service and hospitality when the family are in residence.
During these times, you act as the family’s personal butler, attending to their needs with the utmost professionalism and discretion. Your housekeeping duties will be essential in maintaining the residence’s impeccable appearance and cleanliness during quieter periods.
This role will be around 40 hours per week with some flexibility when the family are in residency. This property is a second home for the family so they are not in residency throughout the year.
- Greet and welcome guests with a warm and courteous demeanour
- Serve meals and beverages with attention to detail and finesse
- Manage and maintain the family’s wardrobe and personal belongings
- Oversee table settings and ensure that all dining arrangements are impeccable
- Maintain a high level of discretion and confidentiality at all times
- Coordinate with Housekeepers and other household staff to ensure seamless service delivery
- Liaise with House Manager to support with some administrative duties
- Perform general housekeeping duties, including cleaning, dusting, and organising rooms
- Ensure all rooms and common areas are maintained to the highest standards of cleanliness
- Handle laundry and wardrobe maintenance, including delicate fabrics and garments
- Manage household supplies, inventory, and restocking
- Collaborate with the Housekeeping team to schedule deep cleaning and maintenance tasks
The ideal candidate
- Minimum of 5+ years as a Butler and/or Housekeeper, preferably in a private household
- Exceptional attention to detail and a commitment to delivering outstanding service
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of etiquette and formal service protocols
- Strong organisational and time-management abilities
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic work environment and changing priorities
- Discretion, loyalty, and the ability to handle sensitive information confidentially